Aunty Shanny

Aunty Shanny

Friday, April 11, 2014

You can write about fairytales


I used to write about fairytales
I used to smile even when my heart shattered
I used to smile, no matter what
Nothing was wrong
Don’t you see
This is a fairy tale, nothing can be wrong

I don’t write about fairytales anymore
Fairytales lack
Substance
Depth
But
Are so very abundant
In superficial façades
Talk
Pretty still pictures

You can write about fairytales
I’ll write about this instead

I want to be loved
So severely, I can feel it even when I hate you
I want to love
So severely, I can’t stop it, even when I hate you
I want your time, your mind, your body, your spirit
To collide with mine
And make a mess
A mess, beyond any mess

I want my breath to catch in my throat when you come close
My heart to race when you kiss me
At 25
And 26
And 27
And 28
And 29
And maybe once in awhile at 80

But
Also

I want my eyes to roll when you do that thing, the one thing I hate, you know that sneezing thing, that creates no immediate danger for me, but makes me want to strangle you for not sneezing correctly

I want to curl up, look at you and admit, I’ve gone through a taco bell drive through and a Mcdonalds drive through directly after because Cheesy Gourdita Crunches make my eyes light up, but fries make me sing


Basically, can I be me? If you promise to be you?


No comments:

Post a Comment