Aunty Shanny

Aunty Shanny

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Corbyn Andrew


My sweet baby nephew was born last week. When my brother and sister-in-law told me they were expecting, I was in a very scary place. Lost, confused, hurt, discouraged, his sweet little spirit instantly took hold of me. To you, my Corbyn Andrew.



My saving grace,

You will never quite understand how loved you are

Never quite understand how important your prefect spirit is

So, when you forget your significance

When the world tells you you are inadequate

Remember

What you mean to me

Your little heartbeat made me grin

I put my lost hands on your mommy’s belly

And you made me giggle, while tears pushed against my stubborn gates

You have given me hope, given me purpose

You, little man, have fought through emptiness to find me

And you pulled me from depths I thought were too impenetrable

So when somebody makes you feel your existence is trivial

Remember

You made my heart sing when it wanted to sob

You made my spirit swell with love, when I thought it had none to give

You made me feel alive, when I felt near silence

And you continue to make me realize my own potential

As I recognize yours

When life tells you, you have little

Remember,

I love you,

and

you are my saving grace




No comments:

Post a Comment